Friday, February 12, 2010

Five Question Friday!



1. What is the one thing your love does for you that you can't live without?
 
This one is a little tricky for me.  I guess I'd have to say that he "gets" me.  He knows there are certain things I like to take care of, and he doesn't mess with them.  He also knows that I have a tendency to work myself to just-this-side-of-exhaustion and he does a pretty good job of stepping in to help.  I also am just dazzled watching him with our daughter.  She's only 1, but they have long conversations, play incredibly made-up games, sing goofy songs, and make hilarious faces at one another.  Together, they are a riot.

2. When did you know your love was "the one"?
Sadly, he figured it out far earlier than I did.  I repeatedly got burned in relationships, so when I met him I really made an effort to keep some distance between us.  He, on the other hand, had other ideas.  When we'd been dating for 3 months (heck, we'd only known each other 3 months), he mentioned in casual conversation that he was going to marry me someday.  To say that I freaked would be putting it mildly.  I honestly thought he'd had a mental break.  Looking back now, I guess he was on to something as we've been together nearly 7 years.

3. Does your love have a special ringtone on your cell?
Not anymore.  It used to be Marvin Gaye's "Lets Get It On" but he said it was embarrassing.  Ha ha.  Now, I just have one ringtone for everyone, and it changes, depending on my mood.  Currently, it's "Pray for Me" by Sixx A.M.  Don't read into that, I just like the song.  

4. What are you attracted to most in your special someone?
Oh goodness, where do I start.  His eyes are a gorgeous shade of blue and he has a pretty smile - those were the two that sucked me in.  I also am an "arm girl", and find his arms, from shoulder to fingertip, beautiful.  He also has a great laugh.  When he laughs, he laughs hard and you can't help but laugh along with him.

5. Did you know when/where he/she was going to pop the big question?
Nope.  I was absolutely clueless.  He asked me to go for a walk around the park, where we'd walked hundreds of times before, but for some reason this time he wanted me to take my car over there (as opposed to walking from the house).  For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why.  Afterward, he said it was so I could get home quickly to get ready to go out and celebrate with a nice dinner.  Yeah, he can be really thoughtful.  Sometimes.  :)

Okay!  Now head over to Mama M's blog to read her responses and to play along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment