Friday, January 1, 2010

It's officially 2010...

Have you set any goals for yourself this year?

I, for one, am striving to keep my camera near me more (both at home and when we're out). It amazes me how often I see something really neat, or scary, or breathtaking - and of course, my camera is safely tucked away in it's case. At home.

Secondly, I want to push myself a little more in scrapping. I think we often take the "more pages, more pages, more pages" approach and don't stop to consider the quality of what we're doing. I want to create more of those pages that make others, and myself, stop and say "wow".

Third, my family learned the hard way in 2009 that your life can change in the blink of an eye. I hope to take a little more time each day to stop and notice the wonderful life that I have. Who cares if there is laundry to fold and dishes are piled to the ceiling? My family is beautiful and every moment I get to spend with them is priceless.

Let's see...number four is going to have to be to get outside my comfort zone a little more in the kitchen. I am such a foodie. I love watching the Food Network on tv, and I am subscribed to an embarrassing number of food blogs. In 2009, I did a pretty good job of trying new things and testing new recipes. I want to continue in 2010.

And number five. I'm going to say it. I hate saying it. I am going to try to get in better shape, physically. *cringe* I think it's a common goal across the planet, most people want to start eating better or exercising more, etc. We eat pretty great, but with an infant as my full-time companion, exercising has been pretty tough. Luckily, she's getting old enough now that we can go out with the stroller or go play at the park.

I think that's enough about me. What about you? What are you going to try to work hard (or harder) at in 2010?

2 comments:

  1. NO! don't make me go there! BUT I like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll find out most of mine at the Speed Scrap at MLAS tomorrow 1/2/10 2pm EST. if you make it- HINT HINT. ;)

    ReplyDelete