Tuesday, December 29, 2009

No good deed goes un-punished...

This is a funny story, I just had to share.

Last Thursday, Christmas Eve, I temporarily lost my mind and decided to do some last minute shopping.  The lines were atrocious, the people were rude, the sales people were severely overworked and I spent the whole time wishing I was home.

Because I didn't finish up until around 2pm, my stomach was beyond growling and was hollering for some sustenance.  I pulled the car into the drive-thru lane of a local fast food restaurant.  As I placed my order, I saw a car pull up behind me.  A young woman (presumably the mother) and 4 small children were in there.  Despite my exhaustion, I decided to do a nice thing for the young family.  I pulled up to the window to pay, and asked the cashier to also give me the total for the car behind me.  She got very suspicious, even when I told her I wanted to pay for their food, as well.  I paid for us both, and she said "so, you know them?"  I told her that I had never seen them before, but when they pulled up I asked her to please tell them I said Merry Christmas.

I got my food and left the restaurant, with a big smile on my face.  I was feeling so Christmas-y and really couldn't wait to get home and tell my husband what a nice thing I'd done (hoping it would rub off on him).  It wasn't until I was halfway home that I realized, I'd frazzled the cashier so much, she forgot to give me my drink!

Merry Christmas. 

No good deed goes unpunished.  :)  I didn't mind too much.

1 comment:

  1. That really is so sweet Stef ! How very kind of you, that mother must have been astonished !

    ReplyDelete